What is AP Capstone?
- AP Capstone is an innovative program that equips students with the independent research, collaborative teamwork, and communications skills valued by colleges.
- AP Capstone cultivates curious, independent, and collaborative scholars and prepares them to make logical, evidence-based decisions.
- AP Capstone was developed in response to feedback from high education. The core of the AP Capstone program is the Seminar and Research class.
- Students who earn scores of 3 or higher in AP Seminar and AP Research and on four additional AP Exams of their choice will receive the AP Capstone Diploma.
- Students who earn scores of 3 or higher in AP Seminar and AP Research will receive the AP Seminar and Research Certificate.
Why are we implementing AP Capstone at Stadium?
- Stadium has a rich tradition of valuing academic excellence which has been driven by its offering of Advanced Placement courses in over 12 subject areas.
- Stadium has believed that the rigor of AP will prepare students for their future beyond high school.
- The AP Capstone diploma is recognition of the culmination of students challenging themselves academically.
What does AP Capstone look like at Stadium High School?
What are the benefits of AP Capstone?
- Fosters the research, argumentation, and communication skills that are at the core of college readiness and essential for life-long learning.
- It offers a unique learning environment where students research a subject of their own choosing.
- It offers students a unique opportunity to distinguish themselves to colleges and universities.