Showcases are a big part of what makes SOTA what it is. Roughly each month, our whole school comes together on a Friday, from 1:30-3:30PM at the Rialto Theatre on S. 9th and Court C. These events are open to the public and completely free.
This is an opportunity for students to use the stage to share their art, their passions, their learning and their creativity. It's not all artistic performances, but scientific, mathematic and humanistic as well!
There is a procedure for applying to be in a showcase.
1. Plan and rehearse what you want to do
2. Fill out the showcase application (on the left of this page)
3. Set up a time to audition your act with the most appropriate teacher (listed on the showcase app). We're looking to see if it's appropriate for school and our stage, and if it is "stage-ready".
4. Complete your audition, get your application signed by the teacher and drop it into the envelope outside of Robin Jaecklein's dance room in the Ted Brown Building.
5. The completed applications are usually due in the envelope by 4PM, the Tuesday before the showcase.
Be aware that your application is not a guarantee that we will have time to schedule you. Sometimes, there are more requests than time and we have to bump acts to the next showcase.
Camp Showcase is basically the same procedure except that you'll need to audition on selected days during the summer. For the 2016 Camp Showcase, auditions will be held from 1-4PM on Monday, August 15th and Tuesday, August 16th at ClubSOTA in the Ted Brown Building. Please come prepared to execute your whole performance and bring your filled-out showcase application.
The technical aspects of showcase are run by SOTA Presents, a club at SOTA run by Derrick Robinson
. These shows would not be anywhere near as great if this hard-working crew was not in charge. If you're interested in being a part of the crew, contact Derrick