With a commitment to early learning, Tacoma Public Schools offers five preschool programs at 32 locations across the district. Each program is unique while providing common curriculum that helps prepare students for success in kindergarten and beyond.
Roosevelt offers the following programs onsite:
Head Start is a federally funded no-cost preschool program that promotes school readiness of preschoolers in a safe, healthy, enriching learning community. In every Head Start classroom, social and cognitive development is enhanced through the provision of educational, health, nutritional, social and other services to enrolled children and families.
- FREE preschool
- 4 days a week, Monday-Thursday
- Class time 3 ½ hours, 9:00 am to 12:30 pm
- 3 years old before September 1
- Enrollment based on income eligibility
- Breakfast and lunch are provided for students.
- Available only to children living within TPS boundaries.
- Find out more information by calling the Head Start office at 253-571-1948
Peer Inclusion Preschool
This language rich program allows children to play and learn together with peers who have developmental delays. Preschoolers will learn a variety of skills that will prepare them for kindergarten and beyond.
- FREE preschool
- 4 -5 days a week, Monday-Friday (every other Friday off)
- Class time 2 ½ hoursAM Session 9:00 am to 11:30 am • PM Session 1:00 pm to 3:30 pmExtended time (9:00 am to 12:00 pm) at some locations
- 3 years old before April 1
- Available only to children living within TPS boundariesFind out more information by calling 253 571 1049
Additional information and preschool programs are offered through Tacoma Public Schools. For more information, visit our Early Learning website.