If you would like to help the NE Tacoma
Healthy Kids Coalition in serving and supporting our families during this
pandemic, please look at the 3 ways to help below...
1. Make a financial
donation to the NE Tacoma Healthy Kids Coalition (donations are received
through Browns Point PTA which is a 501(c)(3)). This is the quickest way
for you to support our efforts. The Coalition can then use funds to
purchase food supplies and other basic needs support to serve our families.
2. Ship food to the Coalition via our Amazon Wish List. Food will be shipped to a residential address so we can
continue to receive donations during this time. However, please keep in
mind that many of the items we collect are out of stock. If you are
unable to purchase food from our Amazon Wish List, consider making a financial
3. Donate non-perishable food
items for us to distribute to local families in partnership with our local
food banks and schools. At this time, we are collecting both full-sized
and individual serving size food donations. See our website for an
We will be offering drop off-hours at the
Coalition space located in the roundabout of the old Browns Point Elementary
School (1526 51st St NE, Tacoma, WA 98422).
Please practice social distancing to maintain
your safety and the safety of our volunteers. Pull into the roundabout
and place food donations on the table that will be set up outside during the
drop off hours.
Drop Off Hours:
Monday, March 23, 3-6 pm
Tuesday, March 24, 3-6 pm
Wednesday, March 25, 3-6 pm
Thursday, March 26, 3-6 pm
We are so grateful for our NE Tacoma community
and the many ways you support our local students and families. Thank you for
your ongoing support!
Stay safe & wash your hands!
The NE Tacoma Healthy Kids Coalition is a partnership with staff and PTAs from Crescent Heights Elementary, NE Tacoma Elementary, Browns Point Elementary, and Meeker Middle School, along with additional community partners that are focused on providing healthy weekend meals to students in need in our community. The idea is simple: a two-day supply of easy-to-prepare food is sent home with eligible students every Friday in their backpacks to ensure they have healthy meals throughout the weekend.
To sign up your child(ren) to receive a weekend food pack please contact our school counselor, Gina Coheley.
How can the community help?
1. Donate food. There are bins available in each of the participating schools to drop off food. Or you can visit the Coalition’s Amazon Wish List to see the food items the Coalition needs donated and have them shipped directly to Browns Point. Elementary: https://smile.amazon.com/.
2. Volunteer. The Coalition needs volunteers to help pack and deliver food each month (the Coalition packs on the second Tuesday of each month and delivers on the second Wednesday of each month) please use this link to sign up. Use this sign-up genius to volunteer: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/5080545aaae2da1ff2-food. The Coalition is also in need of flexible volunteers who can fill in at the last minute. If you would like to volunteer, email email@example.com.
3. Donate money. Checks can be made out to any of the local PTAs, dropped off at school, with a memo on the check designating the donation for the Ne Tacoma Healthy Kids Coalition. If you have questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
NE Tacoma Healthy Kids Coalition Food List
In order to maintain equity in the food packs and ease of inventory and packaging, please only purchase items from the list below:
- Kraft Mac & Cheese Easy Mac Cups
- Chef Boyardee Ravioli Cups
- Hamburger Helper Microwave Singles Cups
- Chicken Cup O Noodles
- Beef Cup O Noodles
- Oatmeal Packets (Individual servings)
- Juice Boxes (Capri Sun or juice boxes, any variety)
- Pudding cups
- Fruit Cups
- Fruit Snacks
- Fig bars (Individual Serving)
- Granola Bars
- Crackers (Individual Servings)
- Chips (Small lunchbox size bags)
- Rice Krispy Treats
- Small Boxes of Cereal (Individual Serving size)
- Tuna and crackers (individual Servings)
- Cookies (Individual Servings)