Choose from the most innovative schools and programs in the state.
Find your child's grades online and more. HAC contains real-time data—as soon as a teacher enters a grade, attendance, etc, it's there for you.
Login to HAC
Find your grades online and more. HAC contains real-time data—as soon as a teacher enters a grade, attendance, etc, it's there for you.
Use Word, Powerpoint, Outlook email, Excel and more for free on the Web. Save all your files in the cloud to access from anywhere.
Login to O365
Love Tacoma. Sign up to serve kids in our city. Dedicated volunteers can mentor and inspire students and provide new opportunities beyond what schools can.
This is the road map that drives our work to ensure the success of Every Student. Every Day.
See how we're doing
Building, Reflecting, and Presenting using a Professional Portfolio:
All interns will prepare their Professional Portfolio that is to be presented at the SUMMATIVE EXIT REVIEW (see page 3 of your workbook, Internship 1 - Program Expectations). During this time, you will self-assess each of your goals using the provided rubric in your workbook (also posted below). Upon completion, and after you turn in the final required program items to your coach, you will receive a final grade and credit on your transcript.
Watch a Sample of a Performance Review
This process is an opportunity for you to showcase and celebrate your amazing work this semester! It is NOT meant to be stressful, but rather it is your chance to maximize this experience for your own future. We want you to be able to document your internship by sharing your Professional Portfolio, while thoughtfully describing your experience to an audience (or potential employer) with examples. Developing this ability is the culmination of the NEXT MOVE Internship Program.
What should you discuss at the Performance Review?
1. Introduce yourself, your internship site, and give a brief overview of the work that you have been doing.
2. Share two of your internship goals. Describe the progress you have been making and share any evidence you have collected so far.
3. Share one struggle you have faced this semester and how you have been working to overcome this challenge.
4. Share one success you have experienced this semester and why it is significant to you.
5. How do you hope to continue to grow at your site over the rest of the semester?
6. How is this internship experience helping you prepare for life after high school?
1) You, dressed professionally with portfolio
2) Timesheet - signed by site host. Download here: Timesheet
3) Thank You Letter - written to site host. Download here: Thank You Letter (sample with format)
4) Intern Goal Sheet
5) Evidence of Goals
6) Final Worksite Evaluation completed by supervisor
DURING THE Performance REVIEW:
1) Read each of my goals aloud to the reviewer(s)
2) Using the provided rubric, self-assess progress toward each goal, addressing each designated standard (see sample video)
Performance Review Rubric
MORE EXAMPLES OF EVIDENCE:
Resume, updated to include this internship experience
Timesheet, verified by my supervisor
Worksite Evaluation, or any assessments from the internship
Cover Letter, edited for a potential future position within the industry
Thank You Letter, written to my supervisor
Weekly Reports, printed and then intentionally connected to a specific goal
High School & Beyond Plan
Projects you have worked on
TIPS FOR AT LEAST 2 DAYS BEFORE THE Performance REVIEW:
☑ Set out professional attire for scheduled presentation day
☑ Get a good night's sleep and eat a solid breakfast and lunch
☑ Gather all required documents including evidence, and hole-punch it into the portfolio
☑ Reflect on how the internship has influenced post-graduation plans
☑ Review Portfolio the night before the review and double check for the required Timesheet and Thank You Letter
253-571-1000 | email@example.com | Contact us »
© Tacoma Public Schools | Non-discrimination Statement | Accessibility | Staff Hub