Choose from the most innovative schools and programs in the state.
Find your child's grades online and more. HAC contains real-time data—as soon as a teacher enters a grade, attendance, etc, it's there for you.
Login to HAC
Find your grades online and more. HAC contains real-time data—as soon as a teacher enters a grade, attendance, etc, it's there for you.
Use Word, Powerpoint, Outlook email, Excel and more for free on the Web. Save all your files in the cloud to access from anywhere.
Login to O365
Love Tacoma. Sign up to serve kids in our city. Dedicated volunteers can mentor and inspire students and provide new opportunities beyond what schools can.
This is the road map that drives our work to ensure the success of Every Student. Every Day.
See how we're doing
Intro to Internship consists of an online application, independent research and reflection, self-evaluation, professionalism workshops, and an interview. After completing the below expectations, a student earns eligibility for internship placement in the community as well as a .5 occupational education credit.
Timeline of Expectations
Step 1: Apply Online: Application for 2017-2018 Internships
Step 2: Meet your NEXT MOVE Coach to receive your Intro to Internship Workbook.
Step 3: Complete each of these assignments in the Workbook:
1) Why Internships, Why Now (video: "Success in the New Economy")
2) Career Plan
3) Power of a Reference
4) Professional Resume (Watch our video guide: "Resume, How to Write One")
5) Professional Cover Letter
6) Sign all Required Paperwork: Work Site Learning Agreement.pdf // Internship Schedule Planner.pdf
7) Meet in person with your Next Move Coach to review all tasks/assignments completed thus far in workbook...
8) Professional Dress
9) Evaluation & Goal Setting - Worksite Evaluation Self-Assessment.pdf
10) Social Media
11) Professional Email
12) Attend at least one (1) Professionalism Workshop - specific date, time, location sent via email
13) Read How to Prepare for an Interview
14) Participate in a formal interview with Next Move Team - specific date, time, location sent via email
15) Turn in your completed Workbook at your formal interview.
Once all of the above is completed, you are eligible to be placed as an intern and have earned a .5 credit
253-571-1000 | firstname.lastname@example.org | Contact us »
© 2016 Tacoma Public Schools | Non-discrimination Statement | Staff Hub