Records Requests

Transcript Requests

If you graduated or attended Tacoma Public Schools in 2013 or prior, please complete this form. Photo ID is required to process this request - please email this to after submitting this form. Once a completed form and photo ID are submitted, the Student Records Department will contact you regarding the status of your request. 

If you graduated in 2014 or later, you will make a request using Parchment which is a convenient platform for former Tacoma Public Schools students to securely send and receive transcripts online. Ordering transcripts through Parchment will be faster and you will receive both confirmation and status emails. Here's a video about how to order transcripts through Parchment. This also includes students born before 1988.  

Here's direct access to Parchment for each of our high schools:

Contact Student Records Department

By US Mail:
Tacoma Public Schools
Student Records Department
PO Box 1357​​
Tacoma, WA 98401

Phone: 253-571-1078

Fax: 253-571-1238


Public Records Requests

The Washington Public Records Act, RCW 42.56 provides for the release of public records maintained by a public agency, such as the school district, with some exceptions. For a list of the most common records that the district claims are exempt or protected from disclosure, please see the Public Records Request. Requests or access to, or copies of, public records should be made in writing to the Public Records Officer, Joey Grant at P.O. Box 1357, Tacoma, WA 98401-1357, or to specifying the records sought. Costs for copies are outlined in Policy 4040 and Regulation 4040R pursuant to RCW 42.56. Requests for student records by a current or former student or the student's parent/guardian should be directed to the building administrator at the student's current school; transcripts for former students and Special Education records requests should be directed to the Student Records Department at the Central Administration Building.

How to make a Public Records Request

1. By completing a form: Public Records request form 

2. By email: Send a request to

2. By fax: 253-571-1043

3. By US mail - send a request to:

Public Records Officer 
Tacoma Public Schools 
PO Box 1357 
Tacoma, WA 98401-1357 

4. In person:  (by appointment only)
 Central Administration Building 
601 South 8th Street 
Tacoma, WA 98402 

Lists of Individuals: 
If you are requesting lists of individuals, please complete the  Declaration of Non-Commercial Use form. Lists of individuals will not be released without this form. 

Hours of Inspection: 
District records must be inspected at the Central Administration Building. Public records are made available for inspection and copying during normal business hours of the District, Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., excluding District holidays.  District holidays are set forth on the calendar available on the District’s website, but normally include all state holidays, Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve.