Certificated positions are those that require a Washington State teaching or Washington State Educational Staff Associated (ESA) certificate. Positions include but are not limited to teachers, deans, counselors, speech language pathologists, registered nurses, social workers, psychologists, career and technical teachers, occupational therapists, and physical therapists.
- Is a teaching certificate required to teach in Tacoma Public Schools?
- Will my certificate from another state transfer to Washington? Does Washington have reciprocity with other states?
- What is an endorsement?
- What is the difference between one-year, replacement and continuing contracts?
- Does a teacher have to register a new certificate with Tacoma Public Schools?
- What if I do not have a current State teaching certificate?
- What is the difference between a teaching certificate and a Career and Technical (CTE) or Vocational certificate?