November 9, 2018
- Picture retake day is November 16
- Junior Workshop today during mentor group A&A - make sure you sign up for a time if you're a junior and have not
- Credit Checks with Midterm grades
- Propel Girls Ambassador Group - please talk to Zach if you want to volunteer
- Free community dance class tonight. It is at 6:30 at SOTA. It is a hip hop class taught by Angel Williams, one of our Adjunct Artist at SOTA. It is open to 8th grade – high school students and it is FREE!
- On THURSDAY LUNCH Han-Yin (adjunct teacher) will kick off the series by talking about her career, architecture, and design in the Fabrication Lab. Poster, info, flashy advertising to follow. Tell your MPG (especially girls interested in architecture and design) to come at 11:30. They can eat lunch during.
- We will not have an all-school Thanksgiving Feast before Thanksgiving Break. We will instead do an all-school feast on the Friday before Winter Break. Your MPG is welcome to plan whatever they want for Thanksgiving individually.
- We will have another all-school Break Out on Friday, December 7—this time on the subject of race and culture. Please let your mentees know tomorrow during MPG and have students complete this survey if they are interested in helping plan and/or lead the break out! http://bit.ly/ideabreakout2
- Please advertise the blood drive which will be Friday, November 30 in MPG tomorrow. They will sign up through their math class.
November 2, 2018
October 26, 2018
- Come to the College and Career Fair at UPS! Thursday, November 1. 5:30-7:30 PM @ University of Puget Sound Tennis Pavillion (North 11th and Union Avenue in Tacoma). Register at www.strivefair.com
- ASB Membership
- You can currently buy an ASB membership for only $15! All you have to do is talk to Steve, and bring $15 in cash, card or check, and your student ID card. Having an ASB Membership means you can get free or discounted tickets to dances, sports games, and events while also helping to fund those future events!
- Next Week is Spirit Week! Show your school spirit on these days:
- Monday- Color Wars (Freshman in green, Sophomores in purple, and Juniors in orange)
- Tuesday- Twin Day
- Wednesday- Character Day
- Thursday- Future Career Day (or what you want to be when you grow up)
- Friday- Professionalism Day (wear business casual)
October 19, 2018
- Students will complete the Healthy Youth Survey in Mentor Groups today.
- Student Led COnferences are next week. Make sure you have a conference scheduled with your mentor and fill out the SLC worksheet for fall conferences which is linked on this page.
- Sign up for an ASB Club! There will be a complete list of ASB Clubs and meeting times available the last week in November
- Spirit Week is October 28-November 2nd.
- PSAT Day is October 24, 2018. We will have PSAT Testing in the morning for all 9, 10th and 11th grade students and periods 3 and 4 after lunch. Students taking classes in the afternoon at SOTA and SAMI will stay at IDEA for the afternoon as those classes will not be in session.
- There will be no classes on Friday, October 26th, 2018 for students for student led conferences.
October 5, 2018 Announcements
- Make sure you have a conference scheduled with your mentor and your family for the week of 10/22-10/26. There will be no classes on Friday, 10/26 for conferences
- Registration for the Black and Brown Male Youth Summit opens October 29th, please mark your calendars. Students and adult chaperones must both register. It is free. Registration fills up immediately. So please start having conversations and provoking interest in the male students you think should attend. We will need to know well in advance if you are planning to attend in order to arrange the buses. The actual date of Black and Brown Summit is Saturday, November 17th.
- Youth Philanthropy Board is looking for volunteers that are interested in public service. Sign up by October 14th if you want to be involved! Mentors, nominate a student that you feel would represent the school well for Tacoma. https://www.gtcf.org/joinypb/
- Real World Design Club Meeting with Moffett and Blake in the FBL next Thursday, 10/11 after school.
- Those interested in Tech Club with Doss and Peter, meet in the CDL02 (Peter's room) today (Friday, 10/5) at lunch.
- A&A Starts today! Please share the A&A lists with your mentees or see the posted alpha list on locations throughout the school.
- There will be no school for students on 10/12/18 for Teacher Planning.
September 21, 2018 Announcements
- Register for an A&A
- We will be participaing in the healthy youth survey in October. Please share this information letter with your students.
- Interested in joining the Greater Tacoma Community Foundation Youth Philantrophy Board? Check it out here and then have your mentor let Zach and Higgins know.
- Student led Conference are coming! October 22-26 make sure to get it scheduled with your mentor ASAP!
- There will be no school for students on Friday, September 28, 2018
- ASB Clubs are coming! Talk to your ASB representative about starting or joining a club.