School Meals

Page last updated: 06/30/18

Breakfast and lunch are available starting the first day of school. All school meals include milk. If your child brings lunch from home, he/she can purchase milk separately. Menus and nutrient facts are available on the Nutrition Services’ web page: or For updated pricing check the website.

Apply for Free and Reduced-Price school meals

Tacoma Public Schools offers free and reduced-price breakfast and lunch for eligible students. Eligibility is determined by application based on household income and size. Access the online application on the district website at and click Meal App Now. This is a quick and convenient method for parents to apply for free and reduced-price school meals for their children via the Internet.

Meal App Now

• Safe and secure

• Apply online anytime 24/7

• Fastest response

• Eliminates lost paper applications

Additional information and instructions are available on the Nutrition Services’ website. If you do not have access to a computer or need assistance, you may go to the Nutrition Services Office at 3321 S. Union Ave. or call 253-571-3370. You can also get paper applications at all school locations. One application per household is required annually unless you receive a letter notifying you that the Department of Social and Health Services (DSHS) has approved your children for the 2018-2019 school year.

Learn more about FAQs, charging policy and grace period deadline on the Nutrition Services’ web page: or

Pay for school meals online

Parents can pay for their children’s school meals by credit card 24 hours a day using our secure, online system called Lunch Money Now. This convenient, easy-to-use, low-fee system allows parents to prepay for meals, access meal account balances, check recent meal purchases and receive email notification when the account balance is low. Access Lunch Money Now from the district website at and click Lunch Money Now. You can also prepay school meals by cash or check with the cafeteria cashier.