Partner with Tacoma Public Schools
Tacoma Public Schools defines partnership as a cooperative relationship between students, families, schools, school districts, and the greater Tacoma community. Partners are committed to supporting student academic success and the whole child. Partners work with and invest in the education of our children and youth - whose future, in turn, will affect the quality of life for the entire Tacoma community.
- Community-based Organization (CBOs)
- Business Community
- Community Groups or Individuals
What is a partnership?
Partnerships can be between many different people and institutions. For example, they could be between:
- Teachers and businesspeople
- Students and social worker
- Principals and pastors
- Schools and non-profits
- Parents and office administrators
- Tacoma Public Schools and universities
What does a successful and authentic partnership look like?
- All partners are equally valued and respected
- Clear, consistent and transparent communication with all partners
- Contributions of partners are aligned to the common goal of supporting students
- Careful evaluation of success
- Diverse representation from all parts of the school system and greater community, especially those historically left out of the conversation (including young people, communities of color, and economically disadvantaged and limited English-speaking families)
Pathways to partnership
Business community and community-based organizations
Tacoma Public Schools values the support of the non-profit and business community. A formal Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) or contract may be in order if we are partnering for a youth program, goods and services, or an internship program.
In support of a school or the district, one-time or recurring donations, as well as facilitating an employee volunteer activity, are welcome!
For more information or to request a meeting, please complete the interest form https://forms.office.com/r/g5juWK9uTQ
Star Community Partner Award
Formerly the Gold Star, our Star Community Partner Award was established in 2014 to acknowledge that when it comes to student success, TPS cannot do it alone. To honor the investment of time, talent and resources for TPS students, families, and staff, the Star Community Partner Award is awarded each month to thank a community partner or community volunteer who has made a difference in the lives of TPS students and families.
TPS Central Administration Building
601 South 8th St Room 216
Tacoma, WA 98405