Geiger Elementary School was named after William F. Geiger, who had been District Superintendent for twenty years. Groundbreaking for the
original school started in June 1948, and the school was dedicated and opened
in November 1949. Classrooms were added to the school in 1952,
1954 and 1957. In 1974, the school underwent remodeling.
In 2011, the original school was demolished and a
new school was built. The new Geiger Montessori Elementary school was dedicated and opened in 2012. It is one of two Montessori elementary schools in the district - the other being Bryant Montessori.