K-12 How to enroll in a Tacoma Public School

K-12 Online Enrollment Application

K-12 Online Enrollment Application (Spanish Version)

An account should be created by an adult family member, one per household so the system can save and access information correctly. An email address is required. All follow up communication will be sent to the email account provided. A separate application is required for each new student; you may save your progress, your family information will auto-populate in sibling applications.

K-12 Downloadable Paper Enrollment Application

Go to your neighborhood school to enroll. Prepare for your school meeting by downloading the necessary enrollment forms​. Take the completed forms with you to the school. You will need to complete a set of forms for each child you are enrolling. Please note, the paper application process may add time to the registration process.

Preschool registration

Preschool registration opens June 3, 2019, with the exception of Montessori preschool programs. For more information regarding Montessori preschool registration, please contact the building directly. 

Choice Application

Parents/guardians may apply for their student to attend a school that is not their assigned neighborhood school. Acceptance for choice enrollment is dependent on building capacity, seats at various grade levels and program availability. Families are encouraged to explore their neighborhood school options along with choice options.

Non-resident application

Before a non-resident can apply to attend a school in the Tacoma School District a release must be granted by the district of residence. Contact your resident school district for the release. Permission must be granted annually by the district of residence.

If you are moving outside of the Tacoma School District and wish to stay at your current school of attendance, you must obtain a release from your new school district. Return the application to the Enrollment Services officevia email or via fax at 253-571-1223 or at 601 South 8th Street, Room 220.

Release to attend another district

To attend school in a non-resident district, the resident district must first release the student to start the transfer process. Whether you are wishing to attend another school in another district or pursue a G.E.D. or some other path to high school completion, or seeking a renewal for a previously granted release, please complete a request through the Washington State Choice Transfer Request Portal (CTRP). When you have completed your application through the CTRP, your request will be sent to the Enrollment Services team for review.

If you wish to use a paper form, complete the Release to Attend Another District paper form. Return the completed form to the Enrollment Services office via email or via fax at 253-571-1223 or at 601 South 8th Street, Room 220. Please let the TPS school know you are withdrawing your student.