Students are not allowed to engage in expressive conduct that is obscene, that promotes drug or alcohol use or gang affiliation, and/or has the potential to cause a material and substantial disruption of the educational environment.
Edison Elementary requires all students to wear appropriate clothing that follows the school’s uniform guidelines:
- Skirts & shorts: no shorter than 2 inches above the knee.
- Pants that are dark blue, khaki, or black. No jeans allowed.
- Pants must fit appropriately and cannot be baggy or falling off hips
- Shirts must be solid dark blue, black or white and must have a collar.
- Tank tops, spaghetti straps, or halters tops cannot be worn at school
- Students are allowed to wear Edison t-shirts or Edison hoodie sweatshirts - available for purchase from Edison’s PTA (please call the office for prices.)
- Coats or outerwear may notbe worn in the classrooms unless they are Edison sweatshirts.
- Leggings, socks and tights must be black, blue, or white.
- Athletic tennis shoes should be safe and comfortable for daily exercise, P.E. and recess.
- No high heels or open back shoes are allowed
Please remember the following:
No company brands, logos, designs, pictures or advertisements on shirts or pants
Leggings should be school colors
Bandanas, scarves, hats and baseball caps should not be worn
No distractible accessories
Reminder: Students who do not follow the Edison Dress Code will call home for a change of clothes.
Suggested local stores that carry Edison Elementary School uniform apparel include: