Student Transportation Services, in partnership with First Student, provides nearly 10,000 students with daily school bus transportation to and from school. Our staff and bus drivers are dedicated to ensuring student safety and providing efficient service.
New Student Ridership Program: Ride 360
Tacoma Public Schools will use a new student ridership program this fall. Student bus route and stop information is available on our new transportation tool, Ride 360.
Once downloaded, search for Tacoma Public Schools and register for an account. After you confirm your email, log in again and add/link your students. You will need to know your child’s student ID.
If you have questions please contact our transportation office at 253-571-1855. Please be patient, wait times may be longer than normal.
More features coming!
We are implementing a new process for students to use a badge when entering and exiting the bus. This process will allow school officials and guardians to see when and where students entered and exited the bus. This will also allow parents the ability to track their student’s bus through a mobile app or website allowing them to receive alerts when the bus is nearby.
We will be adding this system to a few elementary schools at a time, with plans to roll it out to middle schools and high schools throughout the year. Please watch for communications from your school with more details.
Let's Keep in Touch
You'll be hearing from us if…
- Your student's pick up or drop off time changes by more than 10 minutes
- Your student's bus is running 15 minutes late
- For some reason, there is no bus available for your student's route
- Your student's bus is involved in an accident
- Your student is injured on the bus
Parents, we want to hear from you if…
- Your student has missed 3 or more days so we know if we should save a seat for them moving forward
- Your student's bus is over 25 minutes late and you haven't received a notification from our department
- Your student does not arrive to school or home as anticipated
- Your student receives transportation through the McKinney-Vento program and is going to be absent from school
Transportation for General Education Students
Monday - Friday
6:00 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.
3202 S Sprague Ave.
Tacoma, WA 98409
Transportation for Special Education Students
Monday - Friday
6:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
4002 South Cedar
Tacoma WA, 98409
Email TransportationTransportation for McKinney-Vento/Homeless or Foster Care Students