Get started with your new student laptop
When receiving a new computer, students must sign in using their district student IDemail@example.com and read a short acceptance and liability statement. This registration process occurs at school.
- Does the district provide cases for laptops?
- What is my student's obligation with this technology?
- How long will students keep their laptop?
- Will there be repercussions, as far as behavior with the computers? What if students are not using them correctly at school or home?
- What if my student forgets to bring the laptop to school?
- Is my district-issued laptop covered by insurance?
What if the laptop is lost, stolen, or vandalized?
If the laptop is stolen, lost, or vandalized, students must immediately report the incident to their school administrator. The Purchasing department will review all reports and determine a replacement cost. Using optional insurance may cover all or some of the replacement costs; however, you must purchase the insurance when you receive the laptop.
On School Property
- Report the loss/theft to your principal, who will follow District Loss Reporting Procedures.
Off School Property
- File a police report.
- Report the incident to your principal or school administrator. Provide a copy of the police report.
Students may be required to pay a fee if their laptop is intentionally damaged, stolen, or lost. The cost is based on the age of the computer and the specific repairs required.
Need Technology Help?
From Your TPS Student Laptop
Log into SolarWinds and submit a help ticket by clicking the blue, question-mark icon on your desktop.