Use updated Family App to take care of your student's needs
Get to know the updated TPS Family App, where families can register for before- and after-school activities, view their student’s grades and attendance, find bus routes, make online payments using MySchoolBucks and more.
Family App can also be used when you need to let your school know your student is staying home from school because they have a COVID-19 symptom(s), have been exposed to COVID-19, or are COVID-19 positive. (See the related form questions below.)
- Register here by entering the email your child’s school has on file for you. (Tip: Only use the Chrome web browser on any device; or update to the latest iOS version (14+) on your Apple device.)
- Once that’s complete, you’ll receive an invitation in your email to complete the process.
If you don’t receive the invitation email, check your email spam link or junk mail folders for an email from “Microsoft Invitation.” You can also contact your child’s school to verify or update the email address you use with Tacoma Public Schools.
What questions are on the COVID-19 health screening form?
- Does your student have any of these COVID-19 symptoms that you cannot attribute to another condition? (List of symptoms is included on form.)
- Within the past 14 days, has a public health or medical professional told your student to self-monitor, self-isolate, or self-quarantine because of concerns about COVID-19 infection?
- If you are not fully vaccinated, have you been in close contact with anyone with confirmed COVID-19 within the past 14 days?
- Have you had a positive COVID-19 test for active virus in the past 10 days, or are you awaiting results of a COVID-19 test due to possible exposure or symptoms and not through routine asymptomatic COVID-19 screening or surveillance testing?