Families are required to complete a daily COVID-19 health screening form on in-person learning days
When students return to school in person, parents must complete a short COVID-19 health screening form every day the student is in a school building. This is a new state requirement of all school districts across the state.
The easiest way to complete that form is online. Completing the Family App registration process below allows you to access the daily online COVID-19 health screening form from a laptop, tablet or mobile device.
- Register here by entering the email your child’s school has on file for you. (Tip: Only use the Chrome web browser on any device; or update to the latest iOS version (14+) on your Apple device.)
- Once that’s complete, you’ll receive an invitation in your email to complete the process.
If you don’t receive the invitation email, check your email spam link or junk mail folders for an email from “Microsoft Invitation.” You can also contact your child’s school to verify or update the email address you use with Tacoma Public Schools.
How to complete the daily health screening
On your child’s first day in a school building, you can access the COVID-19 screening form from a laptop, tablet or mobile device at https://family.tpsapps.org/or www.tacomaschools.org.
(Paper forms in English and other languages, including Spanish, Vietnamese, Khmer, Russian and Ukranian, will also be available at schools.)
What questions are on the daily COVID-19 health screening form?
- Does your student have any of these COVID-19 symptoms that you cannot attribute to another condition? (List of symptoms is included on form.)
- Within the past 14 days, has a public health or medical professional told your student to self-monitor, self-isolate, or self-quarantine because of concerns about COVID-19 infection?
- Has your student been in close contact during the past two weeks (14 days) with anyone diagnosed with COVID-19 or has COVID-like symptoms? Why does the state require this daily COVID-19 health screening form?
- Is your student currently under isolation for having tested positive for COVID-19?
Why does the state require this daily COVID-19 health screening form?
All students entering a Tacoma Public Schools building must complete this health attestation survey each day the student is onsite. The health screening form, as required by Department of Health and Labor and Industries guidelines, will be used by building administrators and their designees to track who is in the building and respond to and monitor those who report COVID symptoms or exposure.
How-to video on Family App and health screening
Watch this video explaining how to log in to the Family App and take the daily health screening. You can also watch videos on how to translate the Family App webpage into Spanish. Watch the video in English or watch the video in Spanish.