As a TPS student, I will:
- Comply with TPS’s Acceptable Use Regulation for Digital Resources (6973R).
- Use the equipment for educational purposes only.
- Abide by district policies and federal/state laws, including copyright laws.
- Use good behavior; using district technology for political, personal, or private gain, individual business, or commercial advantage is prohibited.
- Use digital resources in a legal, moral, and ethical manner.
- Not use digital resources for illegal purposes to harass, intimidate, or bully or to access or possess obscene pornographic or other inappropriate materials.
- Never share or swap laptops with another student. Keep your password CONFIDENTIAL.
- Not mark the laptop in any way with markers, stickers, etc.
- Not remove Tacoma Public Schools labels or asset tags.
- Not insert foreign objects into openings of the laptop.
- Not eat or drink near the laptop.
- Bring the laptop to school fully charged with power cords daily.
NOTE: The configuration of the hardware and all accompanying software may not be altered, nor can software be copied to or from the computer or installed on the computer under any circumstances.
WARRANTY: Dell warrants the laptops from defects in materials and workmanship. This limited warranty covers regular use, mechanical breakdown, or faulty construction and will provide replacement parts necessary to repair the laptop or laptop replacement. The warranty does not warrant against damage caused by misuse, abuse, accidents or computer viruses. Students must notify the HELP desk through the Digital Campus/SolarWinds to arrange warranty repair.
NOTE: Students/parents/guardians may be responsible for full payment of intentional damage not covered by the Dell warranty
THEFT/LOSS: If the laptop is stolen, vandalized, or damaged by fire, you must immediately report the incident to your school administrator. The Purchasing department will review all reports and determine a replacement cost. Please consult the Digital Campus for more information regarding reporting a stolen or lost laptop.
Returning the Laptop: When students leave the district, transfer to another TPS school, or graduate, the laptop, charger, and headphones must be checked-in to the school who initially issued the equipment. Failing to return a laptop may result in actions outlined in TPS Regulation 3520R, Student Fees, Fines, Charges.