We offer summer programs and activities that can give students a boost, help them catch up or ease the transition to a new school. All our summer programs are offered FREE to registered Tacoma Public School students.
The 'Summer Slide' can be a disaster. During the summer, students can lose two months of learning; we call that the 'Summer Slide.' And summer slide after summer slide can lead to kids falling way behind and ultimately make it difficult to graduate. But that doesn't have to mean traditional class time. Summer is an opportunity for hands on learning and exploration that keeps students engaged and ensures they are ready for class in the fall.
Tacoma Public Schools FREE Summer Learning Opportunities
Tacoma-Pierce County Summer Learning Opportunities
In addition to summer programs through our schools, the Foundation for Tacoma Students partners with community organizations to offer a wide variety of summer activities. Explore this interactive site and find fun summer learning opportunities to fit all students and all budgets.
- When does Summer Learning Registration Open?
- When does Summer Learning start?
- Does it cost to participate in Summer Learning?
- Do I have to register my student for Summer Learning?
- After I have returned the registration form, how will I know if my student is enrolled?
- How do I know if my student is eligible to attend summer school?
- Will Breakfast and Lunch be provided?
- How are the health and medical needs of my student addressed during Summer School?
- What is the emergency protocol for the schools that are participating in Summer School Programs?