High School & Beyond Plan: Twelfth Grade Checklist
Students, you made it to senior year, you are almost to the finish line. The High School and Beyond Plan (HSBP) is a Washington State graduation requirement.
The items on this checklist are intended to help keep you organized and focused so you can graduate ready for your next step. You have been working hard on this plan for a while, now is the time to finalize and put into action.
Remember, this is your plan, but the staff at your school are ready to support and guide you along the way. If you are feeling behind, confused, or stressed, please reach out to your school advisor or counselor. You got this!
Grade 12: Required
Grade 12: Recommended
- FAFSA and WAFSA
- Take the SAT for free
- Review admission requirements for GAP/Admission Partner schools
- Letters of recommendation
- Apply for a minimum of one local, state, or national scholarship
- Plan for at least one College/Career Readiness Experience
- Review your financial aid award letter(s)
- Take AP and/or IB, exams for free
- Request your final transcript be sent to your post-secondary pathway choice
Washington Student Achievement Council (WSAC) resources for seniors and families
Where can I find my HSBP?
The High School and Beyond Plan (HSBP) is located in Schoology. Students you will create an HSBP Portfolio to store the required documents and share your advisor or counselor.
- Sign into your Schoology account.
- Select your Profile (upper right, click on your name)
- Select Portfolios (upper left, under your profile image)
- Add New Portfolio (upper middle, +New Portfolio)
- Title your Portfolio First and Last Name HSBP, which saves automatically (example: John Smith HSBP)
After each assignment, upload completed documents into your HSBP Portfolio. Make sure to share your high school and beyond portfolio with your advisor or counselor.
Tacoma Online Students: You will use Edgenuity for your HSBP. Please contact your teacher for more information.
If you graduated or attended Tacoma Public Schools in 2013 or prior, please complete this form. Photo ID is required to process this request - please email this to email@example.com after submitting this form. Once a completed form and photo ID are submitted, the Student Records Department will contact you regarding the status of your request.
If you graduated in 2014 or later, you will make a request using Parchment which is a convenient platform for former Tacoma Public Schools students to securely send and receive transcripts online. Ordering transcripts through Parchment will be faster and you will receive both confirmation and status emails. Here's a video about how to order transcripts through Parchment. This also includes students born before 1988.