Tacoma Flex is a new opportunity for high school students in Tacoma Public Schools starting fall 2022-2023. Students will have increased flexibility to utilize late arrival or early dismissal while keeping access to course work and credit via Tacoma Flex. All courses will be delivered by Tacoma teachers and housed within our Tacoma Edgenuity platform.
Motivated by a desire to support each student's individual choice and circumstance, Tacoma Flex can be utilized to support a variety of student needs:
- Flexibility to support student employment and work site learning opportunities that do not fit within the existing school day.
- Flexibility to support student need for additional time at the beginning or end of the existing school day to care for self or others.
- Flexibility to support student choice and course offerings that may not be accessible in existing schedules.
With synchronous and asynchronous learning experiences, students will have access to support throughout the school day and personalized support through Microsoft Teams, email, and in-person learning lab opportunities through our "Flex Labs" located throughout the city. These locations and schedule of operations will be announced with the launch of the experience in the fall.
Is Tacoma Flex right for you?
Review and assess the Flex success factors and decide if it is a potential fit for you, discuss this opportunity with a parent/ guardian and explore our course offerings. If you'd like to learn more or think it would be a good fit, please schedule an appointment with your high school counselor.
Flex success factors
- Works well independently.
- Is able to set a schedule and commit to following through with completing the work.
- Successful in navigating learning in an online environment.
- Works well communicating electronically through email and Microsoft Teams.
- Asks for support when needed.
Discuss this opportunity with your parent/ guardian
As outlined in the success criteria, this experience may not be the right fit or solution for every student. Take time to explore and discuss how TACOMA Flex could be a good fit for you as a student, your current schedule, and your acknowledgement of the success factors listed above.
English Language Arts
- English Language Arts 1,2,3 & 4
- AP Language/Composition
- AP Literature/Composition
- Algebra 1 and 2
- Trigonometry (Fall Only)
- Statistics (Spring Only)
- AP Calculus AB
- AP Statistics
- Financial Algebra
- Spanish 1,2 & 3
- Spanish Heritage
- AP Spanish Language/Culture
- American Sign Language 1,2 & 3
- World History
- US History
- WA State History/Gov (Sem)
- Civics (Sem)
- Contemporary World Problems (Sem)
- AP US Government
- AP Human Geography
- Environment Field Biology
- Forensic Science
Career & Technical
- Exploring Computer Science
- Game Design
- Financial Algebra
- AP Psychology
- American Sign Language 1, 2, & 3
- AP Computer Science Principles
- Art History
- Music Appreciation (Sem)
- Lifetime Sports