High School & Beyond Plan: Ninth Grade Checklist
Welcome to high school, we want to help you make the most of your final four years with Tacoma Public Schools (TPS). The High School and Beyond Plan (HSBP) is a Washington State graduation requirement.
In middle school you begun to create your own personalized HSBP. The checklist below is designed to build onto your plan. If you haven’t started, don’t worry, your school is ready to support you.
Students, this is your plan, but the staff at your school are ready to support and guide you along the way. For questions or guidance reach out to your school advisor or counselor.
Grade 9: Required
Grade 9: Recommended
Where can I find my HSBP?
The High School and Beyond Plan (HSBP) is located in Schoology. Students you will create an HSBP Portfolio to store the required documents and share your advisor or counselor.
- Sign into your Schoology account.
- Select your Profile (upper right, click on your name)
- Select Portfolios (upper left, under your profile image)
- Add New Portfolio (upper middle, +New Portfolio)
- Title your Portfolio First and Last Name HSBP, which saves automatically (example: John Smith HSBP)
After each assignment, upload completed documents into your HSBP Portfolio. Make sure to share your high school and beyond portfolio with your advisor or counselor.
Tacoma Online Students: You will use Edgenuity for your HSBP. Please contact your teacher for more information.