High School & Beyond Plan
The High School and Beyond Plan is a Washington State graduation requirement and helps students get the most out of high school while preparing for their future. Students work with career guidance specialists, school counselors, and teachers starting in middle school to create their own personalized plan with goals for high school and beyond. Select your grade level below to get started.
What's included in each student's plan?
- Identification of career goals based on a career interest and skills inventory or assessment.
- Identification of educational goals.
- A resume or activity log by the end of twelfth grade that provides a written compilation of student’s education, work experience, and community service.
- A four-year course plan that fulfills graduation requirements and aligns with career and educational goals. (Counselors keep this document).
Where can I find my high school student's plan?
The High School and Beyond Plan (HSBP) is located in Schoology. You need to create a HSBP Portfolio to store the required documents in, and share your HSBP Portfolio with your college and career counselor.
- Sign in to your Schoology account.
- Select your Profile (upper right, click on your name)
- Select Portfolios (upper left, under your profile image)
- Add New Portfolio (upper middle, +New Portfolio)
- Title your Portfolio First and Last Name HSBP, which saves automatically (example: John Smith HSBP)
After each assignment, upload completed documents into your HSBP Portfolio. Make sure to share your high school and beyond portfolio with your college and career counselor.
Tacoma Online Students: Your HSBP is not located in Schoology. Please contact your teacher for more information.
Contact your school's counseling team and schedule an appointment.