Wilson High School
ABOUT THE PROJECT
Phase 1 improvements included:
- Demolishing the old 400 and 600 halls and replacing them with a 30,000-square-foot, two-story academic building. This building features seven general learning spaces for students that include collaborative areas, small and large group presentation areas and an outdoor learning space. Special features include a state-of-the-art culinary arts program and broadcast studio.
- Expanding the weight, wrestling and aerobics room.
- Improving campus electrical, heating and ventilation systems.
- Renovating locker rooms and other improvements to the gymnasium and pool buildings.
- Other offsite improvements required by the City of Tacoma.
Phase 2 improvements included:
- New two-story academic building
- New music building
- New athletic complex, including new track and artificial turf
- Renovated gym and pool
Square footage: 30,000
Total projected cost: $60.7 million
Open date: September 2016 (for academic building); gym and pool reopened in early 2017; music building, track and field completed in summer 2017
Architect: NAC Architecture
Contractor: Absher Construction
The Wilson update is funded by the $500 million school construction bond voters passed in 2013.
Contact us at (253) 571-3350 or firstname.lastname@example.org