Progressive Design-Build (PDB) Method
Tacoma Public Schools uses the Progressive Design-Build project method delivery for capital projects.
- General Contractor & Architect work under a single contract for all design & construction services.
- Work as team from start of project through completion.
- Fosters innovation creativity & allows the team to adjust design where needed to stay on budget.
- Facilitates a smooth transition from project conception to completion.
- Effective management of cost, time, communication, unified vision and accountability.
- Minimization of risk & cost uncertainty.
At its core, Progressive Design Build empowers the Design Build team to edit, adjust & modify the design scope of work & construction schedule as needed, to stay on or under budget, on or ahead of schedule and in full compliance with the programmed use of the building.