Nutrition Services

Meal App Now

While all students are currently receiving free meals, there are many reasons to still apply for free and reduced-price meals this month.

  • Meals are free right now, but the waiver that makes that possible expires in June 2021. While this waiver might be extended, applying for free or reduced-price meals now can make sure qualifying kids are covered either way.
  • Families who qualify for free and reduced-price meals can get additional benefits and discounts, such as free access to internet or discounts on childcare or cable if they can show they qualify.
  • Free and reduced-price applications are tied to supplemental educational funding that helps our schools.
  • Families who have EBT benefits or who have already qualified for free or reduced-price meals could receive extra food benefits.

Free meals through June 30, 2021

Any student 18 or younger can get free breakfast and lunch packs five days a week through June 30, 2021, thanks to an update from the U.S. Department of Agriculture.

Meal packs contain a breakfast and lunch.

How to pick up meals

Students can pick up Grab N Go meals from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., Monday- Friday at Baker, First Creek, Giaudrone, Gray, Jason Lee, Mason, Meeker, Stewart, Truman and Wainwright, as well as scheduled stops on 33 routes through district neighborhoods 

Students, parents or guardians can pick up meals.

Curb-side and bus delivery menu for week of Jan. 19

Monday, Jan. 18, Martin Luther King Jr. Day. Schools closed. Double meal packs available Friday, Jan. 15.

Tuesday, Jan. 19
Breakfast: Banana bread, juice box, pear, and milk
Lunch: Turkey sandwich, string cheese, strawberry graham, broccoli florets, apple, and milk

Wednesday, Jan. 20
Breakfast: Mini triple berry French toast, juice box, kiwi, and milk
Lunch: Orange chicken bowl, string cheese, goldfish grahams, carrots, apple, and milk

Thursday, Jan. 21
Breakfast: Benefit Bar, juice box, tangerine, and milk
Lunch: Ham sandwich, string cheese, bunny grahams, celery sticks, apple, and milk 

Friday, Jan. 22
Breakfast: Cheerios strawberry cereal bar, juice box, lemon raisins, and milk
Lunch: Pepperoni pizza, sunflower seeds, pretzel Goldfish crackers, carrots, applesauce, and milk

Free meals supplied by the school district may contain peanut products, milk products, or other allergens. Currently Tacoma Public Schools’ Nutrition Services team is not able to accommodate special dietary needs.

Listed menu items are based on availability. If items run out, a similar replacement may be included in that day’s meal pack.

Breakfast and lunch menus for in-person learners

Take a look at your school's breakfast and lunch menu. You can examine the nutrition facts, and filter for allergens and dietary preferences.

Find Your School's Menu

Student allergies

If your student has food allergies that your school does not already know about, please contact your school nurse – even if you don’t plan to have your student take school meals. Schools can make some meal accommodations for students with food allergies; ask your child’s health care provider to complete this form and submit it to your school nurse.  

Lunch Money Now

Lunch Money Now is a secure, online system to manage student meal accounts.

Lunch Money Now is a convenient, easy to use system that allows parents to pre-pay for meals, access meal card balances and check recent meal purchases. Parents are able to check account balances 24-hours a day and receive email notification when the account falls below a specified balance. Visa and MasterCard transactions through Lunch Money Now are charged a $1.50 convenience fee. For more information, please contact Nutrition Services at 253-571-3370.

Check your balance

Meal App Now

Meal App Now eliminates the paperwork by offering a secure, online system for free and reduced meal applications.

You will be prompted to create an account or login, then just follow the simple steps to complete a meal application for the current school year. If you need assistance, please contact Nutrition Services at 253-571-3370.​


In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by: mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; fax: (202) 690-7442; or email:

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.

Additional Questions? 

(253) 571-3370
nutritionservices@tacoma.k12.wa.usFax 253-571-3377

Does your student have special dietary needs?

Contact your school nurse to arrange for doctor-recommended food accommodations.