Tacoma Public Library
Our school libraries help students find a passion for reading, develop research skills, become media literate and gain the digital safety skills they need to be productive citizens in today's world.
What We Do
Our Guiding Values & Principles
These values and principles guide the direction of Tacoma Public Schools library programs into the future.
- We protect intellectual freedom by defending resources and services that create and sustain an atmosphere of free inquiry and choice.
- We advocate for our students and programs.
- We provide quality instruction that is collaborative, aligned with standards, and imparts a global perspective.
- We provide equitable access by creating an open environment, developing diverse collections, and cultivating an impartial and welcoming attitude.
- We are leaders of digital and media literacy through early adoption of emerging technologies, providing training, and modeling ethical use of information.
- We build and maintain positive relationships by actively engaging school and community partnerships.
- We embrace a growth mindset though reflection and innovative practices.