Student COVID-19 Testing
Tacoma Public Schools is offering several free, voluntary COVID-19 testing options to students, staff and their families:
- Each month, all Tacoma Public School students will have the opportunity to receive a box containing two iHealth COVID-19 rapid tests at school. These tests are intended to support the health and safety of our community by providing results at home, as soon as symptoms are detected. (Staff will receive two tests as well.) Tests are voluntary.
Wondering about using an expired test? Get guidance from the Washington State Department of Health.
- TPS students, staff and their immediate family members can take a free rapid antigen test at one of two walk-in clinics operated at a TPS site. No appointment is needed, and insurance and ID are not required. Test results are available online within 15 to 20 minutes; participants will receive an email message with a link to the results.
- Baker Middle School, 8001 S. J St, Tacoma. Open from 3:30-6 p.m., Monday-Friday.
- Silas High School, 1202 N. Orchard St., Tacoma. Open from 3:30-6 p.m., Monday-Friday. (Park in the student parking lot off N. 14th & N. Orchard. Enter cafeteria for testing, through the back parking lot.)
(For the 2022-23 school year, you must consent to and register for tests at the Baker and Silas sites, even if you completed the consent form last year.)
- TPS staff members have access to iHealth COVID-19 rapid tests from their building as well as tests from the testing centers at Baker Middle School or Silas High School.
You can also find other local testing options here.