TPS FACILITIES REOPENING FOR COMMUNITY USE SEPTEMBER 2021
Turf soccer/football fields and bowls are now open for reservations. All other facilities, including baseball fields and grass fields, remain closed until September 1, 2021.
For artificial turf field & bowl reservations, please email StudentLife@tacoma.k12.wa.us or call (253) 571-1123.
All other reservations are made through the main office of the facility. Please note that elementary school offices will be closed until late August and secondary schools may have limited support.
In January 2020, Tacoma Public Schools' Board of Directors approved a new policy and pricing schedule that is effective immediately. Key changes include:
- Reservations for non-district groups are allowed 30-60 days in advance of the requested date of use.
- An application fee of $10 is due immediately.
- Payment in full is required 2 weeks prior to the first day of use on the schedule, otherwise the reservation will be cancelled.
- Cancellations must be sent via email at least 7 days in advance of the first date of scheduled use. Cancellation emails should go to the main office of the reserved facility and to the district’s billing coordinator at email@example.com.
- Schedule changes and cancellations will incur a $30 change fee.
Tacoma Public Schools boasts some of the areas most desired and frequently used artificial turf fields and school facilities. While priority use is designated for our own programs, public rentals are available. Facility rentals are governed by the District Use of School Facilities Policy 4260 and Regulation 4260R.
All facility use requires proof of liability insurance (minimum $1,000,000) listing Tacoma Public Schools as a certificate holder.
Reservations must be made 30-60 days in advance of your event date, and payment of rental fees is required prior to use.
The Tacoma Public Schools Maintenance and Operations team is dedicated to ensuring safe, clean, and healthy learning environments and facilities for Tacoma Public Schools students, staff, and the community. We do this through data-driven decisions, strategic use of taxpayer dollars, continuous improvement, meaningful collaboration, and showing our customers—and our kids—that we care.