Early Learning (Preschool)
Apply for Preschool
Children must be three or four-years-old on or before August 31, 2023 to qualify for preschool.
State, federal and local funding allows us to offer half-day (AM or PM) and full school-day programs across the district for qualifying families. Space is limited and submitting an application does not guarantee enrollment into a program.
If you have moved into Tacoma Public Schools from another school district and your child has an existing IEP, please contact Child Find at 253-571-2610 for assistance with preschool placement.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Do I need to complete an application for preschool enrollment?
- What are the qualifications for preschool enrollment?
- What are the Federal Poverty Levels (FPL) for household income?
- What is the process for reviewing applications for priority acceptance?
- How will preschool placement be determined?
- What documentation is required?
- Will my child receive district transportation for preschool?
- Can my kindergarten student remain at the same school they attended preschool?
- What if my child is not eligible for a TPS Preschool Program?