Early Learning (Preschool)
All Tacoma Public School preschool programs provide a safe and nurturing environment.
Our goal is to prepare students for kindergarten and beyond, using researched-based, age-appropriate curriculum that focuses on the domains of Early Learning essential to school readiness:
- Social and Emotional Development
- Language and Literacy
- Perceptual, Motor, and Physical Development
Preschool programs, including full-day and half-day programs, are offered at many locations across the Tacoma School District. Families with an annual household income below 400 percent of the Federal Poverty Level will receive priority consideration for enrollment into free programs.
- Do I need to complete an application for Preschool enrollment?
- What are the qualifications for preschool enrollment?
- What is the process for reviewing applications for priority acceptance?
- What are the Federal Poverty Levels (FPL) for household income?
- What documentation is required for Proof of Income?
- Will my child receive district transportation for preschool?
- When will I know if my student is placed in a preschool classroom?
- Can my kindergarten student remain at the same school they attended preschool?
- Ready to apply?