Tacoma Tideflats – Warehouse and Logistics
Programs start at various times throughout the year/summer. Once you apply, we will contact you when a program start date is established.
Looking for a career in or around the Port of Tacoma? This program gives you all the certifications to make some amazing money immediately. Whether it is for summer work to pay for college or as a career, these certifications open you up to some amazing opportunities. Moving products using a variety of lift trucks or keeping people safe by controlling traffic, these certifications have a starting wage around $20 per hour. Part of this program also consists of field trips for students to explore job opportunities, meet local employers, and connect with community members.
Summer 2022 Program Details
- Application window open: Ongoing
- Program dates: July 5th to July 21st, Monday through Thursday, 8:30-3:30
- Meeting location: TBD
- Notify selected applicants: Early June
- Approximate hours to complete: 60
- Certifications: OSHA 10, flagger, forklift, and Transportation Worker Identification Card (TWIC)
- Completion stipend: $500
- Credits toward graduation: 0.5 in Skilled and Technical Sciences
- Total spots available: 24
- Special considerations for this program: Official State or Federal ID such as a passport, military ID, drivers license or ID card (Federal requirement, not Tacoma Public School's requirement). Forklift certification requires you to be 18 years old. If a younger student passes the test, the credential will be held until their 18th birthday and then delivered to the school.
- For additional information, please contact Chris Sieg: firstname.lastname@example.org
Warehouse/Logistics Careers by the Numbers
Average Salary (as of 4/12/22):
Required Education: High school or equivalent, on-the-job training
Job Outlook (2020-2030):
- Forklift - 7% (as fast as average) source
- Flagger -
Current Job Postings:
What it's like to be a: