Budget Advisory Committee
Volunteer to serve on our Budget Advisory Committee
The Budget Advisory Committee plays an important role in the Tacoma Public Schools budget process. Through educational components and focus group deep dives, this volunteer committee of citizens works alongside the district’s budget team to make recommendations for policies and practices.
We will work to ensure participants represent the demographics of our district and community. Ideal applicants should:
- Have some foundational knowledge in issues of race, equity and social justice;
- Be familiar with the district’s Strategic Plan goals;
- Have a desire to learn about school funding and state learning standards; and
- Be willing to engage in ways to improve our services and programs to support students.
Those interested in serving should apply by May 17. All meeting will be held virtually; links and materials will be sent to participates in advance.
- Wednesday, May 19, 5:30 – 7:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, May 26, 5:30 – 7:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, June 2, 5:30 – 7:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, June 9, 5:30 – 7:30 p.m.