Middle School Athletics and Activities
Middle School students compete in the Tacoma Public Schools All-City League. 6th through 8th grade students at our nine comprehensive middle schools, Bryant Montessori and Wainwright Intermediate School have the opportunity to participate at the varsity, junior varsity and c-team levels, gaining invaluable experiences through competition. Students attending a Private, Charter or Home School are eligible to participate at their resident Tacoma Public School.
ATHLETICS REGISTRATION PROCESS
Tacoma Public Schools Athletic Department has partnered with FinalForms, an online forms and data management service. FinalForms allows you to complete and sign athletic participation forms for your students. The most exciting news is that FinalForms saves data from season-to-season and year-to-year, meaning that you will never need to enter the same information twice! FinalForms also pre-populates information wherever possible, for each of your students, saving you time. You may review your data at any time to verify it is current or make changes. You will be required to sign your forms once per year and after any form updates.
In order to register BOTH Parents and Students must confirm their individual accounts using the link provided in an email sent from FinalForms.
If you did not receive an email from FinalForms or the link has expired please contact your building athletic director or the District Athletics Department at (253) 571-1123.
To participate in Middle School athletics students must:
- Complete the required registration on FinalForms (including proof of required medical insurance).
- Do you need Student-Athlete Medical Insurance? Go to: Myers-Stevens & Toohey and enroll now.
- Submit proof of current physical exam signed by your physician (physical exams are good for 13 months).
- Physical Form (REVISED 6/2015)
- Wrestling Weight Permit Form
- Maintain academic eligibility (details can be found in Interscholastic Athletics and Activities Regulations 2151R)
- Pay the required ASB fee at your participating school.
- Homeschool, Charter or Private School students must contact the Athletic Director at their school of residence in order to intiate a FinalForms account.
Need help? Contact us at:
- (253) 571-1123
2019-2020 SCHEDULES and GUIDELINES
Session 1 (Sept 9 - Oct 25, 2019)
- BOYS BASEBALL
- COED CROSS COUNTRY
- GIRLS SOCCER
- BOYS BASKETBALL: MS Basketball Guidelines
Session 2 (Nov 4 - Dec 20, 2019)
- VOLLEYBALL: Guidelines pending
- BOYS SOCCER: MS Soccer Guidelines
Session 3 (Jan 21 - March 27, 2020)
- GIRLS BASKETBALL: MS Basketball Guidelines
- FOOTBALL (Jan 8 start): MS Football Guidelines
- BOWLING: MS Bowling Guidelines
Session 4 (April 13 - May 27, 2020)
- WRESTLING: MS Wrestling Guidelines
- FASTPITCH: MS Fast pitch Guidelines
- TRACK & FIELD: MS Track & Field Guidelines
All schedules for Middle School Leagues can be found on the Tacoma Middle Schools League Website.
Need Student-Athlete Medical Insurance?
- Baker Middle School
- Bryant Montessori School
- First Creek Middle School
- Giaudrone Middle School
- Gray Middle School
- Jason Lee Middle School
- Mason Middle School
- Meeker Middle School
- Stewart Middle School
- Truman Middle School
- Wainwright Intermediate School
Sixth - eighth-grade students at Bryant and Wainwright participate at neighboring middle schools:
- Bryant Montessori students register and participate at Jason Lee Middle School.
- Wainwright Intermediate School students register and participate at Gray Middle School. (transportation is provided)