High School Athletics and Activities
Eligible high school students compete in both the Pierce County League and South Puget Sound League. Our member schools are part of West Central District III and the Washington Interscholastic Activities Association (WIAA). Our student-athletes have the ability to participate in as many as 21 different athletic offerings at the school level.
Lincoln, Mt. Tahoma, Stadium and Wilson compete within the 3A classification in the Pierce County League.
Foss competes at the 2A level in the South Puget Sound League.
Students attending SAMI, SOTA, IDEA, Oakland or another high school equivalent program may be eligible to compete for their resident comprehensive high school> In order to register you must contact their resident high school to set up your registration account.
For incoming transfer students and eligibility please read our Frequently Asked Questions for some of the more common scenarios.
ATHLETICS REGISTRATION PROCESS
Tacoma Public Schools Athletic Department has partnered with FinalForms, an online forms and data management service. FinalForms allows you to complete and sign athletic participation forms for your students. The most exciting news is that FinalForms saves data from season-to-season and year-to-year, meaning that you will never need to enter the same information twice! FinalForms also pre-populates information wherever possible, for each of your students, saving you time. You may review your data at any time to verify it is current or make changes. You will be required to sign your forms once per year and after any form updates.In order to register Parents and Students must confirm their individual accounts using the link provided in an email sent from FinalForms. If you did not receive an email from FinalForms or the link has expired please contact your building athletic director or the district athletics department at (253) 571-1123.
To participate in high school athletics all students must:
- Complete required registration (including proof of required medical insurance) .
- Need Student-Athlete Medical Insurance? Go to: Myers-Stevens & Toohey and enroll now.
- Maintain your academic eligibility. The best way to stay eligible for athletics is to have a 2.0 GPA or better and pass 5 of 6 classes. For more details read School Board Policy: 2151R Interscholastic Athletics and Activities
- Pay the required ASB fee at your participating school
- Homeschool, Charter or Private School students must contact the athletic director at their school of residence in order to intiate a FinalForms account.
- For questions or inquiries email email@example.com or call (253) 571-1123.
- 2019-2020 Athletic Seasons
- Directory for 2019-2020 High School Athletic Directors
- 2020-2021 Tacoma Public Schools High School Athletics Calendar
- WIAA eligibility and appeal paperwork
- 2.3 Or Take a Knee - NCAA eligibility blog