Athletics and Activities
Register for the Oct. 13 Data Day Field Trip
Students in grades K-5 will participate in a fun, interactive, and educational at Carpinto Brothers Farm. Students will learn about farming, hop on a tractorpulled hayride, say hi to the friendly farm animals, and explore self-guided activities. And all students will get a small sugar pumpkin to take home! Registration opens Sep. 25, space is limited.
Clubs, Activities, Sports, and Field Trips at Your School
Tacoma Public Schools and community partners have come together to offer Beyond the Bell activities for students in grades K-5 and Club B activities for students in grades 6-8. Login to your Compass: TPS Family App account and visit the activities page to see what options are available at your student's school.
When you register, you will see three payment options per session. Please select the best option based on your family’s current need.
These experiences are available thanks to our community partners, including Tacoma Creates, private philanthropy, City of Tacoma, Pierce County, Greentrike, Metro Parks Tacoma, Tacoma Public Schools and individual donors.
2023-2024 School Year Important Dates
Session 1: September 25 - November 17
- Register August 28 - September 16
Session 2: December 4 - February 9
- Register October 30 - November 21
Session 3: February 19 - April 12
- Register January 22 - February 10
Session 4: April 22 - June 14
- Register March 25 - April 13
- Pierce County League Athletics (PCL) website
- Myers, Stevens, and Toohey Medical Insurance for student athletes
- Student Transfers & Athletic Eligibility – Frequently Asked Questions
- Turf and stadium rental information on TPS Facilities website
- Washington Interscholastic Activities Association (WIAA) website
Tacoma Public Schools offers a variety of extracurricular activities to help our students achieve academic excellence.