What is the i-Ready assessment?
The i-Ready Assessment is an adaptive test that matches the difficulty of questions to each student's ability. The assessment starts each student at a difficulty level based on a best guess, including grade level. When a student gets answers right, the questions get harder; if a student selects incorrect answers, the questions get easier. It adapts to the ability of each student quickly and efficiently.
The i-Ready Assessment identifies students’ strengths and weaknesses, while supporting data-driven differentiated instruction. It provides valid and reliable growth data, helping teacher track both yearly and long-term student progress. It does not replace daily instruction or curriculum.
Who takes the i-Ready assessment?
It is administered to students in grades K-8.
How is the i-Ready assessment administered?
Students take the screener three times during the school year - at the beginning, middle, and end. It is typically administered in either two 30-minute sessions for older students or three 20 minute sessions for younger students.
What does i-Ready measure?
- Phonological Awareness
- High-frequency words
- Comprehension in literature
- Comprehension in informational texts
- Numbers and operations
- Algebra and algebraic thinking
- Measurement and data
- Scale scores range from 100-800
- Placement Levels:
- Three or More Grade Levels Below
- Two Grade Levels Below
- Early On Grade Level
- Mid Grade Level
- Above Grade Level
- i-Ready Family Guide English | Spanish | Other Languages
- i-Ready Family Center English | Spanish
- i-Ready Personalized Instruction Family Guidance Videos English | Spanish | Other Languages
- i-Ready FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions) English | Spanish
- Find books that match your child’s Lexile Measure
- i-Ready games: Students can download two free, interactive games for the iPad to practice computer skills at home, while also learning vocabulary and math:
- World’s Worst Pet (vocabulary)
- Snargg Splatt (math)