Assessment & Research
Supporting Academic Excellence and the Whole Child
In Tacoma Public Schools, we believe that assessment is integral to teaching and learning. Our Comprehensive Student Assessment System allows us to participate in and gather evidence from large-scale national and state assessments in order to measure the effectiveness of our core instruction and curriculum. It also includes small-scale formative classroom assessments that enable teachers to gauge student progress and inform their own teaching.
Our goal is to support student learning by building a coherent, student-centered assessment system that provides accurate and informative data and analysis to Tacoma families and educators, and to effectively administer any complementary training and analysis to our educators and student learning.
Kindergarten - 5th Grade
- Advanced Placement (AP)
- ELPA21/WIDA Alternate Access
- Grad Pathways
- Highly Capable
- i-Ready (SpEd)
- International Baccalaureate (IB)
- Smarter Balanced Assessment (SBA)
- Washington Access to Instruction & Measurement (WA-AIM)
- Washington Comprehensive Assessment of Science (WCAS)
- World Language & Seal of Biliteracy