Community Partner Organizations
The number of community-based and youth-based organizations in formal partnerships with schools and/or the school district.
TPS facilitates innovative and effective school and community partnerships that produce student-centered learning support systems. Students with access to high-quality Expanded Learning Opportunities (ELOs) and other supports our partners provide learn better, stay more engaged with school and graduate at higher rates than their peers.
Benefits of Partnerships for Community-based Organizations & community members:
- Community members feel more invested in the success of Tacoma Public School students
- Provides partners a clarity of processes and partnership protocols, alignment of mission and goals, and funding priorities.
- Community-based organizations (CBOs) gain access to available data
- Clear Pathways to Participation for all Partners
- Shared training & professional development opportunities between CBOs and schools
Understanding the data
The benchmark displays the number of organizations in partnership with the school district.
Because a school year includes two calendar years, such as 2019-2020, the school year on the benchmark chart is identified by the second calendar year. For example, the 2019-2020 school year is identified as 2020 on the chart.
Count of organizations documented by the Partnership office.
Data Retrieval Schedule
The data is collected by the Partnership office and uploaded to the data warehouse annually in late June.
Our current reports show data from the 2018 school year and beyond using improved reporting tools. Legacy reports show older data using older tools.