Climate Survey: Participation
The number of family members participating in the climate survey.
Update: This is a new Partnerships benchmark in the 2020-2025 Strategic Plan.
Families/parents and schools work together in a culture of shared leadership & responsibility for student success. When schools, parents, families, and communities work together to support learning, students tend to earn higher grades, attend school more regularly, stay in school longer, and enroll in higher-level programs.
Benefits Parent & Family Engagement:
- Parents and families increase in knowledge, skill, and ability to help their students succeed in school.
- Students receive encouragement and support from families that lead to academic achievement.
- Parents know, understand and reinforce school and District goals and benchmarks (indicators of student success)
- Increased number and diversity of families engaging with school staff inside/outside the school day.
- Increased and diverse parents and family volunteers at schools.
Tracking the overall family member participation numbers and encouraging more and more family members to participate in succeeding years provides an effective snapshot of the interest and engagement in their children's schools.
Understanding the data
The benchmark displays the count of family member responses each year that the climate survey is given.
Data retrieval schedule
The climate survey is conducted every other year. The data is loaded into the data warehouse at the end of June