Climate Survey: Communication
The percentage of responses students and staff members and the number of responses from family members at each level of the climate survey regarding communication.
We strive to make the Tacoma Public School District accessible and responsive to students, families and our community. Effective family-school communication and related family engagement in education contribute to improved student achievement and better learning outcomes.
Benefits of Effective Communication:
- Students, families & community members know key points of contact and resources within the District.
- Stakeholders receive information through multiple communication methods
- Critical materials are available in most needed languages.
- Increased positive stakeholder feedback and experience with Tacoma Public Schools.
Understanding the data
The historic benchmark data from the 2015-2020 Strategic Plan displays the percentage of student responses, and the count of parent and staff responses in each category for the questions related to communication.
Update: This benchmark in the 2020-2025 Strategic Plan displays the percentage of responses from students and staff members and the count of family member responses.
Because a school year includes two calendar years, such as 2019-2020, the school year on the benchmark chart is identified by the second calendar year. For example, the 2019-2020 school year is identified as 2020 on the chart.
The data can be viewed by district, region, school, and race. The student data can be further filtered by gender, English Language Learner status, free and reduced lunch status, special education status, and race. Parent and staff data can be further filtered by gender and race...
- Student responses: Number of responses in a specific category divided by the total number of students in specific grade level.
- Parent/staff responses: Number of responses in each category.
Data retrieval schedule
The climate survey is conducted annually. The data is loaded into the data warehouse at the end of June
Our current reports show data from the 2018 school year and beyond using improved reporting tools. Legacy reports show older data using older tools.
Open students legacy report
Open parents legacy report
Open staff legacy report