Policy Details Page
PURPOSE: This policy is to provide written guidance for ensuring that the District uses sound and best business practices in expending public funds and complies with both State and Federal purchasing regulations as appropriate.
The Board of Directors of the Tacoma School District No. 10 recognizes the importance of maximizing the use of District resources, the need for sound business practices in spending public money, the requirement of complying with state laws governing purchasing, the importance of standardized purchasing regulations, and the need for clear documentation in meeting auditing requirements.
Expending public funds wisely and responsibly ensures the District will meet the needs of the students it serves. The District shall also endeavor to the extent allowable by Washington Law and in compliance with other District policies to support Minority and Women Business Enterprises and local Tacoma/Pierce County businesses.
The Superintendent is authorized to direct expenditures and purchases within the limits of the detailed annual budget for the school year. Staff who purchase or enter into agreements on behalf of the District without prior authorization may be held personally responsible for the payment of such obligations.
Policy 6210 - Purchasing Authorization and Control
- RCW 28A.400.330 Contractor employees -- Termination of Contract
- RCW 28A.335.190 Advertising for bids--Bid procedure--Telephone solicitation, limitations--Emergencies
- RCW 39.04.155 - Small works roster contract procedures
- RCW 39.30.060 Contracts--Indebtedness--Limitations--Competitive Bidding -- Violations
- RCW43.19.1911 Letting contract--Lowest responsible bidder, determination--Public inspection of bids
- AGO 8402.00-1984 No. 2 Competitive Bidding on School District Transportation Contracts
Adoption Date: 7/27/2000
Revised Date: 12/09/2021