Policy Details Page
Policy No. 4200
Contacts with Staff
The learning environment and the staff’s time for students shall be free from interruption. Except in emergencies, staff shall not be interrupted in their work. Brief messages shall be recorded so as to permit the staff member to return the call when available.
Certificated staff shall be available for consultation with students and patrons one-half hour before and after school time unless a waiver has been obtained by the State Board of Education.
Students and patrons are urged to make appointments with staff to assure an uninterrupted conference.
No one shall solicit funds or conduct private business with staff on school time and premises.
The board welcomes and encourages visits to school by parents, other adult residents of the community and interested educators. The superintendent shall establish guidelines governing school visits to insure orderly operation of the educational process and the safety of students and staff.
Disruption of School Operations
If any person is under the influence of drugs or alcohol or is disrupting or obstructing any school program, activity, or meeting, or threatens to do so or is committing, threatening to imminently commit or inciting another to imminently commit any act which would disturb or interfere with or obstruct any lawful task, function, process or regulation of any student, official, classified or certificated staff member or invitee of the school district, the superintendent or staff member in charge shall direct the person to leave immediately. If such a person refuses to leave, the superintendent or staff member shall immediately call for the assistance of a law enforcement officer.
- RCW 28A.605.020 Parents’ access to classroom or school-sponsored activities
- RCW 28A.635.020 Willfully disobeying school administrative personnel or refusing to leave public property, violations, when—Penalty
- RCW 28A.635.030 Disturbing school, school activities, or meetings
- RCW 28A.635.090 Interfering by force or violence with any administrator, teacher or student unlawful
- RCW 28A.635.100 Intimidating any administrator, teacher or student
- WAC 180-16-240 Supplemental program standards
- WAC 180-44-050 School day as related to the teacher
Adoption Date: 2/11/99
- policy handbook
- policy manual