Policy Details Page
The following guidelines have been prepared to assist a board-appointed advisory committee or task force:
- A specific assignment shall be made to the committee including its duration.
- Committee members shall be appointed based upon the person’s interest and the individual’s potential contribution to the accomplishment of the committee’s task.
- Committees shall be advisory only. The board does not and, under the law cannot, relinquish its decision-making responsibilities.
- Committees shall make periodic progress reports to the board.
- Minority recommendations, as well as those of the majority, shall be accepted as appropriate.
- Staff consultants and other resource assistance may be made available. The committee may elect to request advice or opinions from others as well, including representative citizens, but may not commit district resources without following established procedures.
- Committee meeting guidelines are as follows:
- The frequency of meetings, meeting times, meeting places and the nature of the meeting announcements shall normally be determined by the committee.
- The committee may invite public attendance if it feels such attendance shall facilitate the accomplishment of its goals.
- The committee shall develop meeting practices to assist in the orderly pursuit of its task.
- Expenses of the committee may be allowed if authorized in advance.
- Appointment of the committee chair shall be the prerogative of the committee.
Adoption Date: 2/13/86
Revised: 2/11/99; 1/13/04; 1/27/09
- policy handbook
- policy manual
- task force