Policy Details Page
Policy No. 3530
The board of directors acknowledges that the solicitation of funds from students, staff, and citizens must be limited because students are a captive audience, solicitation can disrupt the program of the schools, and may involve a conflict of interest. Solicitation and collection of money by students for any purpose, including the collection of money in exchange for tickets, papers, magazine subscriptions, or for any other goods or services for the benefit of an approved school organization may be permitted by the superintendent providing that the instructional program is not adversely affected.
The board authorizes district Associated Student Bodies (ASBs) to conduct fundraising activities
for the following purposes:
- School sports
- School clubs
- Noncurriculum field trip (within and/or outside the United States)
- Student exchange programs
- Charitable causes such as to:
- Assist persons whose homes have been damaged or destroyed.
- Help staff and students who are facing medical financial hardship (i.e. cancer and/or other life-threatening illnesses).
- Fund local community projects.
- Donate funds to non-profit organizations, qualified under the Internal Revenue Service Code Section 501(c)(3).
The superintendent will establish rules and regulations for the solicitation of funds by approved school organizations, official school-parent groups and by outside organizations. The principal shall distribute these rules and regulations to each student organization granted permission to solicit funds.
- Board Policy 3510 Associated Student Bodies
- WAC 392-138-030(2) Powers--Authority and policy of board of directors
Adoption Date: 6/22/00
- policy handbook
- policy manual