Policy Details Page
The Associated Student Bodies (ASBs) in the schools of the district shall operate within the following guidelines:
- ASBs are mandatory in grades 7 through 12 whenever students engage in money raising activities with the approval and under the supervision of the district. ASBs are not mandatory at the elementary level (K-6). However, any money raised with the approval and under the supervision of the district must be administered in the same way as district funds/money. The school principal or his/her designee is delegated to act as the ASB advisor for K-6 school buildings.
- The school board has authority over ASBs. ASBs are subject to the same laws as the district, including accounting procedures, budgets, and warrants.
- Each ASB shall prepare and submit annually a budget for the support of the ASB program to the board for approval.
- All ASB money is accounted for, spent, invested and budgeted the same way as district money. All property and money acquired by ASBs shall be district funds and shall be deposited and disbursed from the district's associated student body program fund.
- Disbursements may be made by warrant, procurement card, imprest bank accounts or petty cash funds.
- ASB purchases must comply with state bid laws and district bid procedures.
- All property acquired with ASB monies become property of the school district.
- Those portions of ASB funds which constitute bona fide voluntary donations, and are identified as donations at the time of collection may be expended as gifts or grants for charitable or scholarship purposes, including student exchange programs.
- ASB funds must be used solely for optional noncredit district events which are of a cultural, social, recreational, or athletic nature.
- ASB funds may not be used for gifts to individuals for private benefit, except as authorized in Policy 3530.
Approval Date: 10/24/00
- policy handbook
- policy manual