Policy Details Page
Policy No. 3130
The board of directors may periodically adjust the geographic attendance areas designated for each building in the district. As population and enrollment shifts within the district, and as school sites are added, removed, or moved, changes in attendance areas or transfer of students may become necessary.
The following factors shall be considered when the district develops attendance area boundaries:
- Minimizing disruption of students' established learning programs;
- Maintaining established neighborhood groupings;
- Maintaining relationship with a middle school and/or high school attendance area;
- Adjusting class loads to available space;
- Coordinating transportation routes with attendance areas;
- Demographic forecasts.
Students shall attend the school designated for their respective residential areas except when they exercise their rights within the optional enrollment program or a transfer has been approved according to Policy 3131.
The district reserves the right to base final boundary decisions on the needs of all schools in the district. When fall enrollments in an attendance area exceed class size guidelines, students may be required to attend a school in another attendance area.
- Board Policy 3131 District Attendance Area Transfers
- RCW 28A.320.040 Bylaws for board and school government
Adoption Date: 6/22/00
- policy handbook
- policy manual