Policy Details Page
Enrollment and attendance records shall be maintained in each school building. At the conclusion of the year, the enrollment and attendance information shall be recorded on the student's permanent record.
The attendance registers shall remain in the school building for a period of 3 years, after which time they shall be sent to the district office to be destroyed.
Annually each school shall report to the district actions taken to reduce any student's absenteeism following the student's fifth absence in one month, or tenth absence in one year. The district shall report this information annually to the superintendent of public instruction:
- The number of enrolled students and the number of unexcused absences;
- The number of enrolled students with ten or more unexcused absences in a school year or five or more unexcused absences in a month;
- A description of any programs or schools developed to serve students who have had five or more absences in a month or ten in a year including information about the number of students in the program or school and the number of unexcused absences of students during and after participation in the program. The reports shall also describe any placements in an approved private nonsectarian school or program or certified program under a court order.
- The number of petitions filed by a school or a parent with the juvenile court.
The information in these reports shall not disclose the names or other identification of the students or parents.
For purposes of enrollment count, a "full-time equivalent student" shall be:
- Grade K: 20 hours or more per week or four hours or more for 90 scheduled days or 10 hours or more per week or two hours or more for 180 scheduled days.
- Grade 1-3: 20 hours or more per week or four hours or more for 180 scheduled days.
- Grade 4-10: 25 hours or more per week or five hours or more for 180 scheduled days.
- Grade 11-12: 25 hours or more per week or five hours or more for 180 scheduled days; the equivalent in a combination of high school, community college and/or vocational-technical institute courses; or the equivalent in an alternative school program.
Alternative Learning Experiences: Full-time equivalency will be determined by documentation of all hours of learning activities pursuant to WAC 392-121-182(4).
Normal class change/passing time may be counted as part of this requirement. Noon intermission, however, is excluded.
No student may be counted on any school's or program's enrollment report who has been absent consecutively from school for two consecutive monthly enrollment report days (first of the month) until attendance is resumed.
Procedures for handling excused and unexcused absences are defined in 3122R (Excused and Unexcused Absences).
Adoption Date: 2/6/01
- policy handbook
- policy manual