Policy Details Page
Policy No. 3120
The board of directors affirms that a student’s enrollment opportunities are to be provided in an equitable manner and that each student should be able to attend the school of individual preference, provided that the school meets the student’s programmatic needs and has the capacity to safely accommodate all enrolled students.
The superintendent shall develop regulations for enrolling students, recording attendance, counseling, and correcting students with attendance problems. When enrolling a student who has attended school in another school district, the parent and student will be required to briefly indicate in writing whether or not the student has any history of placement in a special education program; any past, current or pending disciplinary actions; any history of violent behavior or convictions, adjudications or diversion agreements related to a violent offense, a sex offense, inhaling toxic fumes, a drug offense, a liquor violation, assault, kidnapping, harassment, stalking or arson; any unpaid fines or fees from other schools; and any health conditions affecting the student’s educational needs.
The school district shall not require proof of residency or any other information regarding an address for any student who is eligible by reason of age for the services of the district if the student does not have a legal residence. The request for enrollment may be made by the student, parent or guardian.
Since accurate enrollment and attendance records are essential both to obtain state financial reimbursement and to fulfill the district's responsibilities under the attendance laws, staff shall be diligent in maintaining such records.
- Board Policy 2255 Alternative Learning Experience Programs
- RCW 28A.225.215 Enrollment of children without legal residences
- RCW 28A.225.330 Enrolling Students from other districts -- Requests for information and permanent records
- WAC 392-121-106 Definitions--enrolled student
- WAC 392-121-108 Enrollment exclusions
- WAC 392-121-122 Definitions-Enrolled and full-time equivalent students
- WAC 392-121-182 Alternative learning experience requirements
- WAC 392-169-22 Running start student—definition
Adoption Date: 6/22/00
- policy handbook
- policy manual