Policy Details Page
Policy No. 3114
Part-time students are permitted to enroll and receive ancillary services, on a space availability basis, provided that such students are otherwise eligible for full-time enrollment in the school district, that such courses or services are not available in the student's private school or an approved extension thereof, and that there is capacity in school to accommodate the student. The part-time status also includes any student, not enrolled in a private school, who is receiving home-based instruction and taking courses at or receiving ancillary services from the district or both, or any student involved in an approved work training program.
Home-based instruction shall consist of instructional and related educational activities, including the basic skills of occupational education, science, mathematics, language, social studies, history, health, reading, writing, spelling, and the development of an appreciation of art and music. Such instruction shall be equivalent, as liberally construed, to the total annual program hours per grade level as established for public schools.
A student may be enrolled in an off-campus instruction program provided that such experiences have been approved by the superintendent or designee.
The superintendent is authorized to develop and implement the necessary regulations for the administration of this policy.
- RCW 28A.225.220 Adults, children from other districts, agreements for attending school— Tuition
- RCW 28A.225.225 Applications to attend nonresident district
- RCW 28A.195.010 Private schools--Extension programs for parents to teach children in their custody--Scope of state control--Generally
- RCW 28A.225.010 Attendance mandatory--Age--Persons having custody shall cause child to attend public school-- Exceptions
- RCW 28A.200.010 Home-based instruction--Duties of parents
- RCW 28A.200.020 Home-based instruction--Certain decisions responsibility of parent
- RCW 28A.150.350 Part-time students--Defined--Enrollment authorized--Reimbursement for costs--Funding authority recognition--Rules
- WAC 392-121-182 Alternative learning experience requirements
- WAC 392-134 Finance--apportionment for part-time public School attendance
Adoption Date: 6/22/00
- policy handbook
- policy manual