Policy Details Page
Policy No. 2420
The board believes that the cooperation of school and home is a vital ingredient in the growth and education of the student and recognizes the responsibility to keep parents informed of student welfare and progress in school.
The issuance of grades, written progress reports and parent conferences on a regular schedule serves as the basis for continuous evaluation of the student's performance and determining changes that should be made to effect improvement. These written and verbal reports shall be designed to provide information that will be helpful to the student, teacher, counselor, and parent.
The district shall comply with the marking/grading system incorporated into the statewide standardized high school transcript. Secondary student's grade points shall be reported for each term, individually and cumulatively.
The superintendent will establish a system of reporting student progress and shall require all staff members to comply with such a system as part of their teaching responsibility.
The superintendent is authorized to develop and implement the necessary regulations for the administration of this policy.
- Board Policy 3122 Excused and Unexcused Absences
- Board Policy 3520 Student Fines, Fees and Charges
- RCW 28A.150.240(2g) Basic Education Act of 1977--Certificated teaching & administrative staff as accountable for classroom teaching--Scope-- Responsibilities--Penalty
- RCW 28A.635.060 Defacing or injuring school property--Liability of parent or guardian
- RCW 28A.600.030 Grading policies--Option to consider-- Attendance
- WAC 180-40-235 Discipline--Conditions & limitations
- WAC 180-44-010 Responsibilities Related to instruction
- WAC 180-57 Secondary Education--Standardized High School Transcript
- WAC 180-96-035 Certificate of Educational Competence
- WAC 392-210 Washington State Honors Award Program
Adoption Date: 1/27/00
- policy handbook
- policy manual
- progress reports
- report cards